Aloo Gobi (Indian Cauliflower and Potato Curry)
Aloo Gobi Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
- 4 potatoes
- florets of 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 tsps oil or ghee
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1 green chilli
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 tsp of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt as needed
- handful chopped coriander leaves
1. Prepare the veggies: Separate the cauliflower florets from the stem and chop them bite-size. Peel the potatoes and chop them a little smaller than the cauliflower pieces.
2. Cube and deseed the tomatoes and dice the onions roughly.
3. Steam or cook potatoes and cauliflower until half cooked (bring 1/2 l water to a boil in a cooker or steamer). Set these aside.
4. Prepare the curry sauce: Make a paste of the tomatoes and onions by mixing them in a food blender.
5. Heat a pan with oil, add jeera and allow to splutter. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off. Add the onion/tomato paste and cook until the masala turns thick and evaporates all the moisture.
6. Add the green chilli (as a whole), red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander and salt and cook until the masala begins to leave the sides of the pan. Then add 300 ml water and stir well. Cook until the gravy thickens slightly.
7. Add the steamed or fried aloo gobi to the sauce. Let simmer until the veggies are cooked completely. Add coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti. Enjoy!Print
For the restaurant-style dish, you can skip steaming and shallow fry the cauliflower and potatoes until half cooked and aromatic.
Post a Comment