Indian Garlic and Butter Naan
Garlic and Butter Naan Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 6-8 naans
- 400 g flour
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- 200 ml milk or 100 ml milk + 100 g yoghurt
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50 ml water
- some butter some
- fresh coriander and garlic
1. Put the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the dry yeast, sugar and salt into the well and mix slightly. Add in the milk (and yoghurt), water and a the ghee.
2. Mix with your hands until the dough comes together. If it is too dry add a little more water/milk and if it is too wet add some flour. Now cover the dough ball in some oil and let prove for 20 minutes at a warm place.
3. After dough has risen form small balls (a handful) and set them aside again to rest for another 20 minutes.
4. Cut up a handful of coriander leaves and some garlic cloves as roughly or finely as you would like them in the bread.
5. Now to make the naan - set the oven to 250 °C and if possible activate grill function. Roll the dough balls into oval shaped naans and add some coriander and garlic to the ones you want to have this flavour and then place them into oven and flip it after 2 min.
6. Keep an eye on them - they easily burn at these temperatures. After baking, take them out and apply some butter on them. And they are ready to eat. Enjoy!Print