Mauritian Coconut Chutney
Coconut Chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
- 1 coconut (or alternative 250 g dehydrated grated coconut)
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1-2 green chillies (depending how hot you like it)
- 4 garlic cloves
- some water
1. Grate the coconut. You can peel the coconut skin off first if you like but it's not essential to the flavour of the dish. Either add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms.
2. Or use a mortar and pestle to grind the ingredients to a fine chutney. It's best to start incorporating a big pinch of salt, tamarind paste , peeled garlic and mint first.
3. Don't forget to remove the seeds from the tamarind paste if you are using a fresh paste. Then add the chillie(s). Keep adding a few tablespoons of water now and then to help binding.
4. When the chutney reaches your preferred consistency, it's done. Taste and season a little more if needed. Enjoy with some rice and beef curry!Print
Very good recipe but hard to read on a computer screen . Pls change your fonts to something that is clear and easy to read.