Quick & Delicious: Pumpkin Truffles
Autumnal Pumpkin Truffles
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Total time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 22 truffels
- 350 g pumpkin puree (hokkaido or butternut squash)
- 350 g shortbread biscuits
- 200 g white chocolate
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 180 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
1. Put the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, icing sugar, salt, cinnamon and great the fresh ginger into a large bowl.
2. Melt 50 g of the white chocolate and add it to the bowl.
3. Combine the ingredients with a handmixer for about 2 minutes until mixture is creamy.
4. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin until you get very fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs into the pumpkin dough.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 h.
6. Shape small bite-sized balls with your hands from the dough and put them onto baking parchment. Let rest in the freezer for at least 2 h.
7. Chop the white and dark chocolate into small squares and melt them in two different bowls either over hot water or in the microwave.
8. Once the white chocolate is melted add some chilli flakes. Cover the balls completely and decorate to your liking and decorate with the leftover chocolate.
9. Set in the fridge until the pumpkin truffles are firm. Enjoy!Print
You can use freezer bags with zip-fastener to crush the biscuits, so they don't go anywhere.