Tropical Chicken Skewers
Tropical Chicken Skewers Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
Servings: 10-15 skewers (depending on size of skewers)
- 600 g chicken breast
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 pineapple
- 10-15 skewers (metal or wooden)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 250 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp freshly grated garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp crushed chilis (dried)
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the marinade for the chicken by adding all ingredients into a bowl and whisking until the honey has completely dissolved.
2. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add them to the marinade.
3. Either cover with foil or transfer into a freezer bag. Then let chill in the fridge for at least 2 h.
4. While the chicken marinates, you can soak the wooden skewers in some cold water so that they don't burn later.
5. Now you can cut the pineapple and bell pepper the same size as the chicken pieces. Preheat the oven up to 200° C or get the BBQ ready.
6. Place different layers of the chicken, bell pepper and pineapple onto the skewers.
7. Either put the chicken skewers onto a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. Or grill them - it's even tastier. Enjoy!Print
Let chicken marinade overnight if you have time prepare the day before.